Look, I hate giving away the secrets of the writers’ craft, but there are times when needs really must. About 20 years ago, I was approached by a trade newspaper and asked to contribute a regular column on financial issues relevant to advisers, but with a consumer spin. For many months I toiled away, crafting […]
Architas has appointed Barclays’ multi-manager and alternatives chief investment officer Jaime Arguello as its new chief investment officer, to replace Caspar Rock. Arguello runs £17.5bn in assets at Barclays, having been at the firm for seven years. He previously spent 10 years at Pictet, as head of fixed income and director of third-party manager selection. Rock […]
Dr. Andrew Lo, Founder and Chief Investment Strategist at AlphaSimplex, discusses how the firm adapts to changing market conditions, focusing on their drawdown strategy.
MPs are to launch a new inquiry into the sustainability of thousands of defined benefit schemes as the BHS and Tata Steel scandals draws attention to occupational plans. Committee chair Frank Field has branded the DB funding crisis “one of the great problems of this age”. The Work and Pensions Committee has been grilling trustees, […]
With volatility set to continue, Peter Saacke, manager of the Artemis Global Growth Fund, thinks stock-specific opportunities are on the rise.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
- Flat-rate pension tax relief ruled out by government
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up