View more on these topics

Major stake in FundsHub for JP Morgan

JP Morgan has acquired a majority holding in third party fund supermarket technology and operations provider FundsHub from founding firm Investia.

JP Morgan is understood to be acquiring a 85 per cent share in the company for between US$10-$15m (£7.1m to £10.5m), with FundsHub&#39s management team taking the remaining 15 per cent.

Both owners intend to inject more capital into the provider, launched in April 2000 in a joint venture by Investia and JP Morgan. Although it has provided technology for firms including Charcol Online and Old Mutual multi-manager Selestia, FundsHub is yet to turn a profit.

JP Morgan and FundsHub&#39s management team say they hope the extra capital will enable the company to make the transition to profitability.

FundsHub chief executive Mark Lund says: “This is a positive step forward for our business and will give a new focus and sense of independence for FundsHub after a remarkable year for the company.”

JP Morgan Partners senior partner Jonathan Meggs says: “Our investment reflects the strong belief that more and more financial services organisations will deploy FundsHub&#39s product to enable their customers to reach and purchase investment funds via both existing and new sales distribution channels.”


Alpha Isa aiming for the top

Lazard Asset Management is packaging two of its flagship funds inside the Lazard alpha Isa. The Isa aims to achieve capital growth through two funds, Lazard UK alpha and Lazard European alpha. Investments can be made in either of the funds or a combination.The Lazard UK alpha fund invests in 40 to 50 UK stocks. […]

Annuity private member bill reaches committee stage

Conservative MP David Curry&#39s private member annuity reform bill will have its committee stage on February 14, where it will be debated and amendments raised by MPs from all parties.Following the Opposition&#39s victory over the Government at second reading of the Bill a month ago, this is the next stage in the parliamentary process for […]

Tories keep up polarisation pressure

The Conservatives are keeping the pressure on the Government over the FSA&#39s proposed changes to polarisation, with shadow paymaster general Howard Flight tabling seven written questions in the House of Commons. Flight&#39s questions dealt with everything from scrapping the better than best rule to the affect the changes might have on the long term savings […]

Take a global focus

As the global economic recovery begins to pick up and the outlook for equities looks more positive, there is an opportunity to capitalise on the upturn via a new breed of global stockpicking funds. These invest in a limited number of stocks with the aim of achieving superior performance.After first looking briefly at the reasons […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm