View more on these topics

Lynx buys rest of PMS in drive on IFA sector

Software and computer services firm Lynx has snapped up Portfolio Mem-ber Services as part of its drive to become the leading provider of services to IFAs.

Lynx originally took a 51 per cent share in PMS when it acquired Bankhall in May last year and has bought the remaining 49 per cent to wholly-own the IFA support services firm.

A total of £6.2m has been paid by Lynx for PMS in the latest deal and it says it will pay out a maximum of a further £11.8m in July 2004 if PMS&#39s total income over the three-year period exceeds £9m.

Garry Heath will remain chief executive at PMS, which was set up in 1999 to provide support services for former members of IFA Portfolio, the commercial arm of the IFAA, which was disbanded after the trade body was usurped by Aifa.

PMS supports about 1,100 IFA firms with around 2,250 registered individuals directly regulated by the PIA.

Bankhall director Tony Murrell says: “This move was planned in the original deal with Lynx and it is a chance to increase the number of staff in PMS&#39s central London office.”

Lynx Group chief executive Richard Last says: “Servicing the increasingly significant IFA channel is a key part of Lynx Group&#39s strategy of focusing on financial services, financial software and infrastructure solutions.

“The joint venture bet-ween Bankhall and IFA Portfolio has performed well and, as a Lynx subsidiary, PMS presents substantial opportunities for growth.”

Recommended

Darling forecasts baby bond boom

Social Security Secretary Alistair Darling is predicting a boom for IFAs as younger clients seek advice on where to invest money from their maturing “baby bonds”. As the election enters the final week, Money Marketing interviews the social security spokespeople of the three main parties on their pension and savings policies. Conservative social security spokeswoman […]

Exclusive Connections spreads the word for landlords

Exclusive Connections is helping to create more landlords with the introduction of the exclusive buy-to-let discounted rate mortgage.The mortgage is aimed at people who are looking to purchase a second property and then rent it out to provide them with an income. It has a discount of 1.25 per cent from the standard variable rate, […]

Varying Shades of grey

During the run up to the general election, the campaign teams of all the main parties have been canvassing elderly voters in an attempt to win the all-important grey vote. One of the main reasons for this is that turnout at this election is expected to be dismally low and it would appear that the […]

Collins Stewart fishes for blue chips

Collins Stewart has unveiled a split capital investment trust that invests in UK large-caps.The blue chip value and income fund is a Guernsey-based investment trust that consists of ordinary shares and zero-dividend preference shares with a redemption yield of 8.75 per cent a year. It has a planned life of six years and this will […]

Brexit & the mid cap buying opportunities

By Mark Martin, Head of UK Equities at Neptune  Amid the market volatility in the lead-up to the Brexit referendum, there are buying opportunities for the prudent investor, explains Mark Martin. Click here for full article Important Information: Investment risks This fund may have a high volatility rating and past performance is not a guide […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment