View more on these topics

Lloyds sends further 450 jobs to India

Lloyds TSB has announced that its information technology division will be exporting up to 450 UK-based jobs to India over the next nine months.

The Lloyds TSB Group Union says the jobs are from the technical delivery function of Lloyds’ IT division, raising the total number of jobs transferred to India to 655 by this division alone.

The jobs consist of up to 250 permanent Lloyds TSB staff and a further 200 UK contractor staff working on behalf of the bank.

The union says: “In the six IT platforms affected by this phase of the offshoring programme, only 30 per cent of all jobs will be based in the UK with the other 70 per cent being based in India.”

It adds that it expects hundreds more IT jobs to be transferred to India from other areas of the IT division.


FSA looks to appeal as ban on GI broker is quashed

The FSA is seeking permission to appeal after the Financial Services and Markets Tribunal overruled the regulator’s decision to cancel general insurance intermediary Salman Khan’s permission to undertake regulated activities.

Survey cover

EEF/Jelf Employee Benefits Sickness Absence Survey 2015

EEF stated in its 2015 EEF Manifesto that the UK’s growth prospects depend on people being fit, working and productive. Keeping people in work and helping people return to work is very important for the manufacturing sector. It means boosting productivity by getting people back into work as early as is possible, as well as fostering workplace cultures and environments that proactively manage individuals’ health conditions so that all can benefit from lower sickness absence outcomes.


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm