I cannot remember how long it took me to switch from actively managed funds to passive ones. Nor do I recall the time it took to incorporate lifetime cash flow modelling and then lifestyle financial planning. It could have been months, if not years, and I still have situations where my beliefs are challenged. I […]
Private equity firms are circling Seven Investment Management and could value the wealth manager at over £100m, Money Marketing understands. 7IM was founded by Justin Urquhart Stewart and Tom Sheridan in 2001, and has grown from a handful of employees to about 170. It runs about £8bn of assets and is owned by its partners […]
Advisers urged to reduce IHT bills through pensions.
Apfa has written to the major political parties to urge a rethink of what it terms an “unjustifiable” 10 per cent increase in advisers’ FCA fees. In a paper on proposed fees published in March, the FCA said A13 advisers will pay £74.9m in 2015/16, up by 10 per cent from £68m in 2014/15. The […]
The Pensions and Benefits UK Conference takes place this week, where Jelf will have a stand.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon apologises to advisers over Cofunds replatforming
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up