Scottish Life is entering the second year of its exclusive sponsorship of SKY's pay-per-view Premiership football channel Premiership Plus. To build on the partnership, Scottish Life has teamed up with Money Marketing to offer IFAs some fantastic prizes in our fantasy football game:
1st Prize – A top-of-the-range home-entertainment system, including
36″ widescreen TV, DVD and video player plus a pair of season tickets to your favourite Premiership Club for the 2003/04 season.
Monthly Manager prizes – Each month, the manager who has accumulated the most points that month will win two tickets to a Premiership football match, a mini-fridge full of beer and a season ticket for Sky's pay-per-view coverage on Premiership Plus.
All you have to do is register and play Scottish Life Fantasy League over the coming months. The Scottish Life Fantasy League starts on Monday September 30, 2002 and runs until Sunday May 11, 2003. Postal entries must be received by Friday September 27, 2002. Website entries must be received by 11.45am Monday Sept-ember 30, 2002.Simply complete the entry form on this page or visit www. scottishlife.co.uk/fantasyfootball for details of how to enter and full terms and conditions. You can check how your team is performing at any time by visiting www.scottishlife.co.uk/fantasy football. Results will also be published in Money Marketing.
How to play
Simply select your 11-man team from the official Fantasy League 2002/2003 player list. Ensure that your squad's value does not amount to more than £50m and that you have got no more than two players per Premiership club. Check out the players' list and team sheet opposite before you select your team. Please remember only one team per manager. Once you have selected your team, you are then put in a league with all the other managers. Your team can be either a classic 4-4-2 formation or a continental 5-3-2 formation. (No other formations are allowed in the Scottish Life game.)
Points are awarded to players for both attacking and defensive feats during the course of the Premiership season and you can make changes up to 15 minutes before kick off. This allows you to make maximum use out of your transfers. Points are scored by players according to their performance on the pitch in the Premiership. Points can be obtained by scoring and setting up goals and, in the case of defenders, keeping goals out.
EVENT POINTS NOTES Goal three points, assist two points, defender playing one point (for 45 minutes or more), defender clean sheet three points (including one point for playing) defender goal against minus one point, goalkeepers score as per defenders. Additional information regarding point scoring and transfers can be found in the How to Play section of the website.
A maximum of 10 changes are allowed to each team during the competition. A maximum limit of five transfers per month applies.
Players changing clubs within the Premiership will also change clubs on the Fantasy League player list. However, this will not invalidate your own Fantasy League team if you already have two players from the new club.
For example, if one of your players joins Liverpool during the season and you already have two team members from Liverpool, your team will not be affected. However, the new club will be taken into account when making transfers.
You will get a confirmation letter confirming your team selection. Please allow seven days for your confirmation letter to arrive. Information on how to make transfers to your team either by fax or on the website will be included in this letter. If you have any queries regarding the league, you can either:
Fax: (020) 7383 0808
Phone: (020) 7383 0088 (the helpline will not give out league positions or assist managers in picking teams).
Play Scottish Life Fantasy League and win a pair of season tickets to your favourite club and a home-entertainment system. Plus each month, the best manager will receive two Premiership match tickets,a mini-fridge of lager and Premiership Plus season ticket
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2002-03 Premiership season
1. If you enter any Fantasy League Ltd game through the Web site located at www.scottishlife.co.uk/fantasyfootball you are bound to play it within the terms and conditions of play as specified.
2. ENTRY DEADLINES: The Scottish Life Fantasy League commences on Monday 30th September 2002 and closes on Sunday 11th May 2003. The site will be open for entries from Monday 16th September 2002. Postal entries must be received by Friday 27th September 2002. Website entries must be received by 11.45am Monday 30th September 2002. To qualify for points for a Premiership game, entries must be validated by the system no later than 15 minutes before kick-off. Any entries received after the above deadline will score points from the matches played after they are received. (Player points scored from matches earlier in the season will not be added). The website may not be available at all times. Scottish Life and Fantasy League Ltd cannot be held liable if the website is unavailable at any time.
3. ENTRANTS: The competition is open to UK, channel Island and Isle of Man IFAs, regulated by the FSA only. Entrants under the age of 18 are not permitted to enter the league or associated games.
4. ENTRIES: Only one team may be entered per manager. Any manager found entering more than one team will have subsequent teams removed from the game.
Incorrect, incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of Fantasy League Ltd is final. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
5. TEAM NAMES: Fantasy League Ltd reserves the right to refuse to accept team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be deleted and the team will appear under the manager's name.
6. PLAYER LIST: The players included on the player list and their positional classifications have been determined by Fantasy League Ltd. Fantasy League Ltd will not enter into any correspondence relating to details of the player list, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any player not on the published list.
New players will be added to the player list if they come into first team reckoning at a Premiership club at the discretion of Fantasy League Ltd.
7. SCORING POINTS: Players will score points as follows: 3 points for every goal scored by one of your players; 2 points for every assist (goal made) by one of your players; 1 appearance point for a defender or goalkeeper playing 45 minutes or more of a match; 2 additional points for a defender or goalkeeper who does not concede a goal whilst on the pitch, providing they play for 75 minutes or more.
Goalkeepers and defenders will lose 1 point for every goal conceded whilst they are on the pitch.
A player scores an assist by making the last completed pass to a goalscorer before a goal is scored, and is only applicable to members of the scoring team. If the last touch before a goal scorer is by an opposing player and the touch significantly alters the speed or direction of the ball, then no assist is given. If the last touch before a goal scorer is from a team-mate but his touch does not significantly alter the speed or direction of the ball, then two separate assists are given, one for each of the players setting up the goal. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal. In the event of a penalty, the fouled player gets an assist if the penalty kick is successfully scored, unless the fouled player is also the goal scorer, in which case no assist is given. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal. If a goalkeeper parries a shot or drops a cross, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the assist if a goal directly ensues. The only time a goalkeeper removes the assist is if he intentionally punches the ball out as he is judged to have been in control of the ball. The decision of Fantasy League Ltd will be final on all these matters.
8. TEAM CHANGES: Each team has twenty transfers for the duration of the competition. Any one team is allowed a maximum of five transfers a month. Once your team is registered you may make unlimited changes on the website up until the start of your league.
9. TRANSFERS: Players changing clubs within the Premiership will also change clubs on the Fantasy League player list. However, this will not invalidate your own Fantasy League team if you already have two players from the new club.
For example, if one of your players joins Liverpool during the season and you already have two team members from Liverpool, your team will not be affected. However, the new club WILL be taken into account when making any transfers.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The rules, points structure and assist awards scheme is Fantasy League Ltd. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from Fantasy League Ltd.
11. Informative and explanatory copy relating to Fantasy League Ltd, including the scoring system and rules, form part of the terms and conditions of this game.
12. The Fantasy League is not open to employees of Fantasy League Ltd, employees of The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited (including Scottish Life), Money Marketing, or associated companies, their relatives, agents or agents' relatives.
13. Fantasy League Ltd reserve the right themselves to refuse to accept any entry which, in their opinion, does not comply with the terms and conditions of the competition or which contravenes the spirit of the Fantasy League Ltd competition. Fantasy League Ltd further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the terms and conditions of the competition at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to Fantasy League Ltd as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these terms and conditions.
14. Any site users or managers found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Fantasy League Ltd will be immediately removed from the system and have any subscriptions or payments cancelled. Such users will have no right to any refunds and Fantasy League Ltd reserves the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
15. PRIZES: Any one manager is only entitled to win one monthly prize. In the event that the same manager wins a second monthly prize, the prize will be awarded to the second placed manager in that month.
The prizes are as follows:
Home entertainment system including Sky Sports Package (if not already held)
Season Ticket to your favourite club (for 2003/04 season).
'Manager of the Month' Prize:
Two Premiership Match Tickets
Mini Fridge stocked with lager
Sky Digital Premiership Plus Season Ticket
Each month for the seven month duration of the competition, the leading manager will win two Premiership match tickets, a Mini Fridge stocked with lager and a Sky Digital Premiership Plus Season Ticket. (Or the second placed manager where the leading manager has already won the monthly manager prize).
Prizes are non-transferable. In the event of a prize being unavailable, Scottish Life reserve the right to substitute it with one of equivalent value. There are no cash alternative to the prizes offered.
In the event of a season ticket being unavailable, the overall winner will be provided with ten pairs of tickets to home matches in which their preferred team is playing. The tickets supplied will be chosen by Scottish Life and are non-negotiable.
The home entertainment system will be a Philips 36PW9607 (36″ TV, DVD and Video)
or one of similar value and specification should it not be available.
The following terms and conditions apply to the overall prize winner if Sky Digital is not already held:
This prize includes a minidish and digibox, standard installation and 12 months subscription to Sky Sports World plus Family Pack (Sky Sports 1, 2 and 3, Sky Sports Extra and over 60 additional digital TV channels including Sky Sports News).
You must be eligible for and enter into both the Sky digital Subscription Contract and the Interactive Discount Contract with Marketing Contributions Ltd. You must not be an existing Sky digital subscriber or have previously signed or been part of a household that has benefited from an Interactive Discount Contract.
Your home telephone line (which must be fixed and operational) must be connected to the digibox with a viewing card in it for 12 months. The digital satellite system must be professionally installed. A Sky representative will contact you to arrange installation.
You may be charged for any additional work required if your installation is non-standard. Unless you change your package, you will pay the prevailing price for Sky Sports World plus Sky Family Pack (“Offer Package”) (currently £28) from the end of the 12 month offer period.
You may change the package you receive under the terms of the Sky digital subscription contract.
If you change your package during the 12 month offer period to a package with a higher monthly subscription price than the Offer Package, you will pay the difference between the Offer Package and the package you are receiving from then on. Stand-alone Premium Channels, Sky Box Office movies and events are not included. Offer not available in conjunction with any other Sky subscription offer.
The terms and conditions of the current Sky digital Subscription Contract and Sky's standard terms and conditions of its Free Minidish and Digibox Offer and installation apply, varied to take account of these offer terms.
16. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The monthly winner will be notified in writing during the first week of each month from October 2002 to April 2003.
A full list of winners will be announced in Money Marketing and at www.scottish life.co.uk/fantasyfootball. The overall winner will be notified by telephone or post by Friday 16th May 2003.
By entering the competition, winners agree to participate in publicity associated with the awarding of prizes.
17. TIES: In the event of two teams tying for points Fantasy League Ltd will use goals scored and then assists scored to determine a winning team. In the event of both of these categories being tied then an independent adjudicator will draw the winning team from the tied teams. Their decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
PROMOTER: Scottish Life, (a Marketing Division of Royal London), 19 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 1YE Scotland. Royal London is regulated by The Financial Services Authority. In association with Money Marketing & Fantasy League Ltd.