The founder of insurance and investment firm Resolution Clive Cowdery has given £50m to the Resolution Trust, a think-tank that aims to improve the lives of people on low and middle incomes. To coincide with the new funding, Resolution Foundation chief executive Gavin Kelly will become chief executive of the Resolution Trust and retiring MP […]
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
Labour leader Ed Miliband is seeking to return tax avoidance and non-dom rules to the spotlight just days before the election. Speaking today in Pendle, Lancashire, Miliband will claim that “there is no bigger symbol” of the failures of the coalition Government than tax avoidance, and renew his pledge to ban non-dom status for those […]
With the general election now only weeks away, Money Marketing assesses the manifesto pledges affecting advisers and their clients. Tax While cracking down on tax evasion and aggressive avoidance has proved popular territory for all the major parties, several are also seeking to ameliorate the tax loads of voters. The Conservatives have promised to raise […]
New research shows those customers who receive financial advice can be better off on average by £40,000
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up