View more on these topics

JO Hambro kicks off with Europe in its sights

JO Hambro Capital Management Group is making its debut into the retail fund market with the European fund, its first open-ended investment company (Oeic).

Registered in Dublin, the fund will be run from London by Rod Marsden and is aimed at medium-risk clients who are looking for growth from some exposure to Europe.

The fund will invest in a spread of between 50 and 70 European companies listed on the FTSE S&P world Europe ex UK index. At least 85 per cent of the fund will be invested in Europe, covering a wide range of sectors and will be based in Western and Central Europe. There are no plans to invest in companies based in Eastern Europe. The remaining 15 per cent will be invested in global stocks

Marsden, who joined JO Hambro in September 2001 after spending eight years at Sanwa as head of pan-European equities, will choose the companies by using a top-down bottom-up approach. He will pick sectors that look promising and then identify companies that have good long-term prospects.

The European fund is one of several that have appeared in recent weeks, such as the Morley European focus fund and the Royal & SunAlliance European prime fund. All three are Oeics that will use stockpicking to identify the best prospects in Europe. However, the JO Hambro fund will invest in up to 70 stocks, spreading the risk about more than the Morley and Royal & SunAlliance funds, which both invest in about 30 stocks.


Network offers &#39cradle to grave&#39 deal to IFAs

Berkeley Wodehouse is planning to set up its own national IFA firm which will buy the businesses of retiring IFA members to create what it calls a cradle to the grave proposition for IFAs.The network, which laun-ched a compliance and auditing service for non-network members in April, int-ends to raise cash for the venture by […]

Capital idea

The capital strength of financial services companies is a hot topic. Providers are struggling to adhere to the various strictures coming from the regulator and from Europe at the same time as coping with the ravages of the stockmarkets.IFAs are not immune from this either. Everyone agrees that the industry is in flux and for […]

Popularity of multi-manager funds soars

Multi-manager funds have soared in popularity over the past 18 months, with sales more than trebling between 1999 and 2000, according to research from Cerulli Associates.The figures show UK retail fund of fund sales have risen by almost 290 per cent between 1999 and 2000 to £331m from £85m.The biggest growth has been in the […]

Future Mortgages – Future 95

Friday, 12 October 2001.Type: Tracker mortgage.Tracker term: Term of loan.Tracker rate: LIBOR plus 3.5 per cent.Minimum loan: £10,000.Maximum loan: Up to 95 per cent of valuation subject to a maximumof £200,000.Income multiples: 3.75 times principal income plus second or 3.25times joint.Arrangement fee: 1 per cent subject to a minimum of £495, maximumof £1,000.Redemption fee: Five […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers. Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and thought leadership.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm