Legal & General has reported a 78 per cent boost in individual annuity sales in 2017, the highest volume it has seen since 2014, the year before pension freedoms were introduced. Annuity sales reached £671m in 2017, up from £378m in 2016. According to the company’s annual results statement, it manages approximately £20bn in assets […]
… and the importance of expectations
Investors will be shut out from receiving tax breaks through some of the lowest-risk forms of enterprise investment schemes and venture capital trusts, under new rules expected to be introduced this month. According to the Financial Times, rules in the Finance Bill, which is expected to receive Royal Assent as early as 8 March, will […]
The insurer UNUM has just published a new report on The Future of Employee Benefits, which makes an interesting read for anyone considering reshaping their existing remuneration package.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up