Standard annuity rates have fallen to their lowest levels since November 2012, with the pace of decline increasing since the turn of the year, according to data published by Moneyfacts. The rate payable for an average single-life standard annuity for a 65 year old with a £10,000 pot has fallen by 5.9 per cent in […]
Harwood Capital Management has bought discretionary fund manager Wellian Investment Solutions to bolster its multi-manager offering. Harwood says the Tunbridge Wells-based company, which has £185m in assets under management, will be an integral part of its multi-manager business. Wellian’s Alan Durrant and Richard Philbin will continue to be chief executive and chief investment officer at the firm respectively, […]
Drawdown and lump sums are being favoured by pension savers a month after the introduction of the radical new freedoms, figures from Hargreaves Lansdown show. Less than one in ten (8.4 per cent) of Hargreaves’ customers have bought an annuity since 6 April, compared to 75 per cent who entered drawdown and 16.6 per cent […]
New pensions minister Ros Altmann has outlined her priorities in her first public statement since entering Government. Altmann says her key focuses will be the state pension, auto-enrolment and safeguarding pension freedoms. She says: “As our population ages, it is more important than ever to help, encourage and empower people to plan and prepare for […]
Kunal Desai, Head of Indian Equities, discusses his expectations for the Indian market and highlights the key indicators that he is watching for 2015.
In the video, Kunal addresses:
• Indian equity valuations and the importance of stock selection in gaining exposure to the earnings upgrade cycle
• The BJP’s strengthening ambition in its pro-reform, pro-investment agenda
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up