Remaining in a future customs union with the EU after Brexit appears to have been left on the table by the Government in correspondence between the Chancellor and the chair of an influential group of MPs. Treasury select committee head Nicky Morgan wrote to Chancellor Philip Hammond last month to clarify, among other things, evidence […]
Fixed income was the most popular asset class for UK investors in November despite the Bank of England raising interest rates and stock markets remaining buoyant, Investment Association figures show. Fixed income attracted over £2bn worth of sales in the month, while mixed asset and equity were the second and third most popular assets classes, […]
Are platforms offering advisers too many services?
The UK is ending what has been its slowest economic recovery on record with a marked acceleration in growth. Neptune’s forecast for UK GDP growth in 2014 is 2.5 per cent, up from 2013 growth of 1.8 per cent as estimated by the Office for National Statistics. When considering the changing UK macro outlook, three important questions remain:
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up