Lloyds Banking Group has reported an 11 per cent fall in pre-tax profit for the first quarter of the year, after making a £660m loss on the sale of TSB. The bank’s Q1 results, published today, show it made a £1.2bn profit in the first three months of the year, down from £1.4bn in the […]
New research has proven the positive impact that protection, health and wellbeing (PH&W) benefits have upon a business.
“It’s all wrong”. This running joke at our office is based on a regularly occurring statement made by a former financial planner who would often exclaim everything was incorrect with a piece of work. When overreactions and blame are your speciality, it is easy to turn a drama into a crisis. But as I look […]
Nobody wants another misselling scandal. So clearly, it is paramount that pension freedoms work alongside adequate consumer protection. The Government and the FCA have arguably done their best to put this in place in the tight timescale they had. We have the requirement that people wanting to transfer from defined benefit to defined contribution schemes […]
Manager Simon Edelsten sold China at the right time, so has cash to spend on opportunities created by the turmoil. To watch the video click here
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up