According to a business associate of mine (and someone considering his own retirement options) “the sands have shifted since the pensions freedoms were announced”. Now they are here, he believes most rational people will work out the cash option is not that attractive considering the tax implications and the problem of where to reinvest it. […]
PI insurers are considering exclusions for insistent DB to DC transfers, Money Marketing understands.
There is nothing like an election to concentrate the mind on what our esteemed politicians believe we need to be thinking about for the future. Whether it is the economy or the NHS, defence or education, the smart money seems to be on a coalition again, it is just the permutations of who will court […]
Prime minister David Cameron has confirmed Ros Altmann is to be pensions minister, days after she told Money Marketing she had turned down the role. Prior to the election Altmann said she would be minister responsible for consumer protection and education. She said she did not want to be pensions minister because she thought she […]
Advisers need to assume three key roles
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Who were the winners at the Money Marketing Awards?
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon apologises to advisers over Cofunds replatforming
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up