Embattled mutual insurer Equitable Life has been bought by Reliance Life, part of the Life Company Consolidation Group. In March reports emerged the firm was preparing to sell. Equitable Life, which has been in run-off since closing to new business in 2000, was still technically owned by its more than 300,000 remaining policyholders, most of […]
Vertically integrated firms duck in-house fund disclosure
The FCA has dropped its investigation into Scottish Widows in relation to its thematic review into the fair treatment of longstanding customers. The regulator says there is “insufficient basis” for taking any enforcement action against the provider. The FCA says it will be raising a number of issues uncovered as part of the investigation with the […]
The R03 personal taxation exam has the lowest pass rate of all the R0 papers. What are the key hurdles to overcome?
Tracey Miller, Marketing Consultant I’ve just recently returned to work following 11 months of maternity leave with my second child. This ‘free time’ (cough!), meant that I could catch snippets of day time TV in between feeds and nursery runs. One particular morning, English actress Holly Matthews was giving an interview on ‘Lorraine’ about the recent […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up