Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls and pensions minister Steve Webb are the most high profile financial services scalps to be claimed after a shock election night. Balls, who previously held a majority of just 1,101 in the constituency of Morley & Outwood, lost out to Conservative Andrea Jenkins by 422 votes. Webb lost to Conservative candidate […]
Scottish Widows has sold its offshore life business Clerical Medical to investment group RL360. Clerical Medical has been running as a closed business since March 2012 after Scottish Widows parent Lloyds Bank moved to refocus on core UK banking and insurance operations. The business consists of around 24,000 policies, with over £5bn assets under management, […]
Fixed penalty notices also increase in Q1.
By Ross Jackson, senior protection marketing manager We’re sure you’ll have heard your customers say ‘But insurance companies don’t pay claims’ when giving a reason for not wanting to take out protection. In fact, our State of the Protection Nation research showed that 27 per cent of consumers asked didn’t think protection providers paid out […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up