Nigel Farage will remain the leader of Ukip after the party rejected his resignation. Farage announced he would step down on Friday after failing to win the seat of South Thanet, as he had promised in the run up to the general election. But Ukip’s national executive committee has “unanimously” rejected his resignation, saying the […]
Employees at Johnson Fleming, in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, are looking forward to trying out some dramatic new hairstyles on Wig Wednesday. A host of colourful wigs will brighten up the office on 20 May as staff support children and young people with cancer.
The pension freedoms promised by Chancellor George Osborne have arrived. With them have come a whole host of issues and dilemmas for advisers. Insistent transfer requests seem to be top of the list. Personal Finance Society chief executive Keith Richards even took the unusual step of writing to the FCA and the Government to highlight […]
With stock markets reaching new highs, many financial commentators share a common belief – global economies are on the road to recovery. Newton’s view of the world, however, is very different. For them, the upturn has been driven by government and central bank policy across the globe, rather than from any real economic recovery. They […]
The remarkable performance of the TOPIX over the past year has caused many sceptical equity investors to look again at the Japanese market. These returns have come despite very significant problems facing the Japanese economy. Chris Taylor, manager of the Neptune Japan Opportunities Fund, discusses these problems and whether Abenomics will be able to overcome them, enabling the market to continue to rise.
In the video, Taylor addresses the following:
• The size and speed of Japan’s unprecedented monetary policy
• Abenomics and the implications should it fail
• Corporate Japan and beneficiaries of government policy
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- Who were the winners at the Money Marketing Awards?
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon apologises to advisers over Cofunds replatforming
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up