View more on these topics

Hiscox offers internationally-invested insurance trust

Hiscox Investment Management is launching the first investment fund to focus on the international insurance sector.

The Hiscox Insurance Portfolio has already raised over £5m from an initial offer to existing clients at LLoyd&#39s.

Between 60 per cent and 70 per cent of the fund is expected to be invested in international insurance businesses listed on major world markets and between 30 per cent and 40 per cent in Lloyd&#39s of London companies on the London Stock Exchange.


Latest VCT from Downing

Downing Corporate FinanceDOWNING CLASSIC VCTAim: To achieve tax-efficient capital growth over the medium to long term by investing at least 70 per cent in high quality companies with prospects of stockmarket floatations or sale within three to five years. Remaining 30 per cent to be invested in fixed income securities.Minimum-maximum investment: £5,000 – £200,000 which […]

Sloc&#39s IFA arm gets go ahead

The PIA has given Sun Life of Canada regulatory approval to launch its IFA arm Sloc Independent.The IFA will operate on referrals from the company&#39s field force, concentrating on products the insurer does not provide like healthcare. It will start with three registered individuals but may grow to over 30 depending on referrals.Sloc Independent will […]

Friends Provident appoints former Tory minister to board

Friends Provident has appointed John MacGregor MP, the former Secretary of State for Transport and Leader of the House, to its main board as an independent director.He was previously a non-executive director of the London & Manchester group prior to its takeover by Friends Provident.MacGregor has been the MP for South Norfolk since 1974.

Sloc&#39s new UK chief outlines designs on IFA market

Sun Life of Canada&#39s new UK manager Steve Melcher says that one of his main aims is to strengthen the life office&#39s presence in the IFA market.Melcher, who has just been appointed senior vice president and general manager at Sloc made the comments in his first press briefing this week.Melcher is the former chief executive […]

A DGT with 100% access and 100% discount?

Clare Moffat, Technical Manager, looks at the benefits of pensions from an IHT perspective. 100% access and 100% discount – what type of wrapper could this be? A pension! Post flexibility there is 100% access (for those over 55) and normally pensions are inheritance tax (IHT) free. With flexibility the options available on death mean […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm