The Pensions Regulator has fined a trustee £15,000 for failing to report unpaid pension contributions. Smart Pension, which runs the autoenrolment.co.uk master trust, did not tell TPR that nearly 500 employers had not paid nealry £900,000 of contributions that were due. Smart Pension also did not tell members about the problem. TPR suspends trustee after […]
Can you go from zero to planning hero? New recruits are not entering the advice industry at the rate required to meet the growing need for service, despite strong salaries and job satisfaction. A joint report from recruitment consultants BWD and Money Marketing earlier this year showed average adviser earnings soared to £93,100 in 2017, […]
The Office of Tax Simplification wants to avoid making piecemeal changes, which risk adding further layers of complexity
Following George Osborne’s delivery of his sixth Budget as chancellor and the last of this current parliament, we have provided a brief overview of the initiatives put forward in his statement, focusing on the topics that have an impact upon the pensions landscape, savings, personal taxation and businesses.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Aegon starts payouts to customers over Cofunds issues
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up