View more on these topics

Hargreaves Lansdown adds Neptune US opps to Wealth 150

Hargreaves Lansdown has added the Neptune US opportunities fund to its Wealth 150 range.

The fund, which is managed by Felix Wintle, has been a big success in the US market over the past five years having outperformed the S&P 500.

Analyst Stuart Goodwin says: “Felix Wintle is prepared to change his style to accommodate the current market conditions. Keen to take advantage of short term opportunities he is using 40 per cent of the portfolio for shorter term trading ideas. The remaining 60 per cent of the portfolio is used as a long term core.



“The success of this fund so far is partly down to Neptune and their group views. They were one of the first to realise banks were in trouble, a view taken across all of their funds that proved correct. They have made the right sector calls time and time again, a main reason why we have faith in their ability. In addition 75 per cent of the company is owned by staff and directors, a real incentive for sensible management and long term growth.”

Recommended

Rediscover your belief

My portfolio has lost 30 per cent in the last 12 months. I am concerned that the market still has further to fall and would like to switch some of my funds into cash to enable me to sleep at night. What do you think I should do?

Certification guide

Guide: how to… certify your pension scheme

Certification is highly complex and surrounded by a minefield of information and auto-enrolment jargon, which can make it very difficult to understand. However, for many employers it is a necessary process that must be executed successfully.

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com