Cost of battle with shareholder revealed at AGM.
The introduction of pension freedoms and the end of the tax year have had advisers rushed off their feet of late. But we now have a bit more time to consider the way forward while the sun shines and the spring bulbs bloom. I have not seen many Lamborghinis around town so Steve Webb’s, perhaps […]
Let me tell you about a colleague. We’ll call him Nigel. I wonder how many other financial advisers exhibit similar characteristics to him when it comes to the circulation of the trade press. I can tell it is either a Monday or Thursday as the reverberating sound of free trade press publications still in their […]
Pension tax relief has come under fire this month as the three main political parties unveiled their election manifestos. First to be revealed was the Labour plan to restrict tax relief for top-rate taxpayers (around 300,000 people) to the same level as basic-rate payers: i.e. 20 per cent. The cut would begin at £150,000, tapering […]
Did you know that 60 per cent of business owners said they had no protection in place to cover the cost of buying shares should a business owner die?*
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up