Advisers waiting for a flood of products to meet the demands of the new pension freedoms have been told to expect “evolution, not revolution”. Pension freedom day finally arrived this week, giving savers greater control over their pensions than ever before. Commentators have predicted there will not be a flurry of new products to serve […]
The launch of a new trade organisation representing advisers has reignited the debate around the industry’s ability to lobby at the highest level. This week Money Marketing revealed how former IFA Association director general Garry Heath is launching a new trade body in May for wealth managers and independent and restricted advisers. Heath says Apfa […]
Controversial payday lender Wonga has reported a pre-tax loss of £37.3m for 2014 after taking a £35m customer remediation hit following an intervention by the FCA. The firm’s full-year results for the 12 months to 31 December 2014, published today, reveal revenues plummeted 31 per cent year-on-year, from £314.7m to £217.2m, driven by a “significant […]
After months of campaigning the result of general election 2015 remains uncertain. Although many pollsters predict that the Conservatives will be the largest party, the closeness of the result may lead to both the Conservatives and Labour trying to form a Government in the coming days. What is certain is that we are heading for […]
Kunal Desai, Head of Indian Equities, discusses his expectations for the Indian market and highlights the key indicators that he is watching for 2015.
In the video, Kunal addresses:
• Indian equity valuations and the importance of stock selection in gaining exposure to the earnings upgrade cycle
• The BJP’s strengthening ambition in its pro-reform, pro-investment agenda
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up