Advisers have lambasted “crazy” Government rules which have led to the withdrawal of TV advertising for Pension Wise in the months surrounding pension freedoms. The service was set up to provide guidance to customers unsure of their options under the new rules, which came into force this week. But advisers have warned that strict limits […]
The UK economy will take uncertainty created by the general election “in its stride” and grow 2.8 per cent this year, the EY ITEM Club says. The consultancy’s spring forecast, which uses HM Treasury’s economic modeling, predicts gross domestic product will hit 2.8 per cent this year and 3 per cent in 2016. This is […]
Advisers urged to reduce IHT bills through pensions.
Adviser and investment management group Attivo has made the first three appointments in a recruitment drive it expects to lead to 50 new members of staff by the end of the year. James Cobb is now group technical manager after joining from Hargreaves Lansdown where he did the same role. Teresa Crew will lead the […]
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) has issued its first fines to employers for failing to meet their auto-enrolment duties, along with 163 compliance notices giving employers a deadline to take action.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up