The Financial Services Compensation Scheme has appointed former Deloitte partner Mark Adams as a non-executive director. Adams will join the FSCS in June. He replaces Phil Wallace who has served two terms on the board. Adams is a chartered accountant and insolvency practitioner, and has previously been an adviser to the Bank of England. FSCS […]
Nigel Farage will remain the leader of Ukip after the party rejected his resignation. Farage announced he would step down on Friday after failing to win the seat of South Thanet, as he had promised in the run up to the general election. But Ukip’s national executive committee has “unanimously” rejected his resignation, saying the […]
Bank has set aside £856m for litigation and conduct issues.
Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up