Advisers must explain how ‘mortality drag’ means funds in drawdown must produce increasingly higher returns to match an annuity, a report claims. The paper, written by Retirement Intelligence director Billy Burrows for Partnership, warns that the “invisible force” of mortality drag means drawdown becomes less attractive relative to an annuity as a customer ages. Mortality […]
BlackRock’s fund manager Justin Christofel is another believer in the European equities story but is cooler on UK and US stocks. In his co-managed £76.8m Global Multi-Asset Income Fund he has shifted marginally out of US equity exposure into European equities, where valuations are “less demanding”. “Equities are a bit more attractive in Europe than the US […]
Your clients are under attack. At least, if they fall into the baby boomer category they are. Not physically, of course, but their perceived wealth and good fortune is a cause for increasing resentfulness among younger people. Baby boomers are widely regarded as the golden generation, with healthy pension pots, properties bought for a song, […]
Offences relate to trading in shares of IT firm Logica.
What are the signs to measure a client’s fatigue to volatility?
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
- Flat-rate pension tax relief ruled out by government
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up