“The best thing to do would be to have someone shoot all these people and start again” Alan Steel Asset management chairman Alan Steel on diplomatic form when it comes to the FCA “He’s the kind of guy who would have tried to reason with the school bully and got punched in the face anyway” […]
“It’s all wrong”. This running joke at our office is based on a regularly occurring statement made by a former financial planner who would often exclaim everything was incorrect with a piece of work. When overreactions and blame are your speciality, it is easy to turn a drama into a crisis. But as I look […]
So here we are – over two years into the RDR and yet still debating the rights and wrongs of commission, and whether it has a place in the new world of pension freedoms. It is bizarre that we find ourselves in this position. The driving force of the RDR was getting rid of bias, […]
Model portfolios are not suitable for those staying invested.
By Simon Fletcher
As a chief executive officer of a business in the financial services sector, I have been dealing with the introduction of auto-enrolment for our clients for some time, but I can also speak from an employer’s point of view, having to go through the process ourselves.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up