View more on these topics

Foresters donates £600k to Barnado&#39s

Foresters is donating a further £600,000 to Barnardo&#39s on top of the £1m it has already given.

The donation comes as Foresters extends its four-year partnership with the children&#39s charity for a further three years.

Barnado&#39s is planning to use the extra funding to support its early years and under-fives programme.

The next fund-raising event sponsored by the group will be the Foresters Big Toddle in June, which involves parents accompanying their toddlers round a half-mile course. This is fifth year that the Toddle has been held and this year&#39s event will take place across the UK. Previous toddles have involved a range of celebrities including Sophie, Duchess of Wessex and Cherie Blair.

Participating groups keep 25 per cent of the money they raise, with the remaining 75 per cent going towards Barnardo&#39s projects.

More than 100,000 children took part in the event last year, raising over £800,000 for the charity&#39s 300 projects nationwide.

Foresters regional events specialist Nancy Gilbert says: “Children are the focus of our fund-raising efforts and Barnado&#39s is our main corporate charity although we are also involved with 50 other groups. Both organisations are 125 years old and we feel very well matched to each other.”

Barnardo&#39s chief executive Roger Singleton says: “This means that Foresters is now our biggest corporate sponsor. It has been a great pleasure to work with them and we are immensely grateful for their contribution to our work. Without the support of partners such as Foresters we would find it difficult to help so many young people.”

Recommended

Heavy Petting

I have seen a number of articles in the press recently about inheritance tax schemes. I am interested to know what schemes are available. How do they work and what benefit would they be to me? Life insurance companies have developed a variety of schemes designed to reduce an individual&#39s potential IHT liability while at […]

Nick Bamford

I a cynical world, Nick Bamford, the new chairman at Sofa, is a rarity. It seems the Informed Choice managing director is universally liked. It is easy to see why because Bamford is a thoroughly nice man.If it were not for Sandhurst giving the 17-year-old “long-haired son of a milkman” the brush-off for “not having […]

Life after N2

A flurry of FSA fines in December showed the financial services industry more clearly than ever that the FSA is serious about clamping down on instances of misselling, ineffective management and poor corporate governance. A year on from the introduction of the N2 regime, the FSA has not shied away from some high-profile naming and […]

IFA research reveals most protection policies include critical illness

More than half of the protection policies sold to IFA clients include critical illness cover according to Liverpool Victoria&#39s latest research. The friendly society&#39s figures show that 54 per cent of policies include critical illness but only 24 per cent include income protection.

Life cover for life

When someone mentions whole of life plans, most people will think of a niche product that serves as an inheritance tax planning tool for high-net-worth clients. And it’s really not surprising they’ve been pigeonholed in that waybecause before the arrival of RDR in 2013, that’s more or less exactly what they were. For advisers thinking […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com