The FCA needs to urgently clarify when new advice requirements on pension transfers will be applied, organisations across the pensions industry are warning. In its response to the regulator’s consultation on changes to pension transfer rules, the National Association of Pension Funds says conflicting definitions of money purchase benefits risk confusing when advice needs to […]
Investment platform targets 1.4 million firms yet to hit staging dates.
The combination of low inflation growth and excess liquidity following the ECB’s quantitative easing programme has distorted bond valuations, with some short-duration instruments now offering negative returns. At the beginning of March nearly $3.85trn (£2.56trn) or 17 per cent of developed market global government bonds traded at negative yields, according to Columbia Threadneedle Investments. In […]
Industry experts have hailed the Conservative’s majority in the general election and say the housing market has “dodged a bullet” as the UK avoided voting Labour into power. The Conservatives achieved a comprehensive victory, winning 331 of the 650 seats being contested. Labour came second with 232 seats, followed by the Scottish National Party with […]
Watch Felix Wintle, head of US equities at Neptune, discuss why he believes US equities are in a structural bull market and the key factors that can drive the S&P 500 higher.
In the video, Wintle addresses the following:
• The US market and why — despite equities rising from 2009 — he believes the structural bull market only started in 2013
• Key economic and corporate factors that can drive the S&P 500 higher
• Investment themes and sectors offering exposure to the domestic recovery
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up