The Financial Ombudsman Service has upheld four complaints regarding Harlequin investments against advice firms since the beginning of the year. The Harlequin group of companies marketed and built overseas luxury property developments, and is under investigation by the Serious Fraud Office. In a decision against West Sussed-based IFA Regency Financial Resources, the FOS ruled the […]
New research has proven the positive impact that protection, health and wellbeing (PH&W) benefits have upon a business.
Mortgage lenders could fall foul of treating customers fairly rules if they apply generic lending criteria following a Financial Ombudsman Service ruling against HSBC, experts warn. The FOS has upheld a complaint against the bank for unfairly rejecting a mortgage application on the grounds of age in the first case of its kind. A couple in […]
The Government was keen to allow those with defined benefit pensions access to the same freedom and choice as those with defined contribution savings. That is why we have new rules that allow transfers to proceed once a member of a DB scheme has received advice. However, the planned reduction of the lifetime allowance from […]
Arguing that the eurozone crisis is over, watch Rob Burnett, head of European equities at Neptune, discuss the sectors that he’s investing in to harness the recovery.
In the video, Burnett addresses the following:
• The primary drivers of the eurozone’s economic recovery
• The turnaround in individual countries’ current accounts
• Sectors best positioned to harness the recovery, without offering undue exposure to risk
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up