Advice firms saw an increase in pre-tax profits of 5 per cent last year as the market began to stabilise, according to Apfa’s latest state of the market report. The annual report shows that pre-tax profit for all firms with an FCA primary category ‘financial adviser’ was £931m last year, up from £884m in 2013. […]
As the last weeks of the general election campaign grind on, at least we seem to have some emerging consensus about what needs to be done in the housing market (although little consensus about how). For the first time in many years housing features strongly in the manifestos of all parties and there is something […]
Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
Sesame has been accused of using “pressure tactics” and restricting firms’ options after giving its members just three months to make a decision about their future. Last month Sesame Bankhall Group announced it will no longer operate as a network for investment advisers as part of a fundamental overhaul of the business. Under the new […]
As Europe’s QE goes further than expected, the manager of the Artemis Strategic Bond Fund has upgraded his outlook from “quite” to “very” positive.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up