View more on these topics

Exeter Family Friendly caters for health & stuff

Health & Stuff is an individual private medical insurance plan that splits the cost of private medical diagnosis and treatment between the policyholder and Exeter Family Friendly.

Policyholders pay 10 per cent of the costs, while Exeter pays the remaining 90 per cent, up to an annual limit that is chosen at the outset. The annual limit can be £2,500, £5,000, £10,000 or £20,000. Policyholders will have to meet the cost of treatment above the annual limit and the cost of any treatment not covered by the policy.

Children aged three months to five years can be added to the policy free. There will be an extra charge for children between the ages of five and 21, or 25 if in full time education.

The plan provides a range of benefits, including cancer cover, and is renewable each year. There is no option to add cover for spouses under a family policy, as Exeter thinks it is best for everyone to have their own annual limit. The policy last for 12 months and is renewable each year.

Premiums can be reduced by 10 per cent for people who have a healthy body mass index and for people who have not smoked for at least 12 months. Health & Stuff also covers for all stages of cancer up to the annual limit. However, expensive cancer treatments are unlikely to eb fully covered within the annual limits available.

There are other limitations, as the plan does not cover emergency treatment, routine check-ups and prescriptions or preventative treatment/tests. There are also exclusions relating to routine eye care, dental care, mental or psychological treatment and drugs & dressings resulting from out-patient treatment, except for cancer.

Recommended

Vanguard may pass on reserve tax cut

Vanguard could cut the 0.5 per cent up-front fee on its passive UK equity and UK equity income funds in line with Budget plans to review stamp duty reserve tax. The Government revealed it will be reviewing the schedule 19 SDRT and may scrap or amend the tax. The tax, which only affects UK funds, […]

1

House prices reach August 2007 levels

The average house price reached the same level as that seen in August 2007 after house prices rose for eleventh consecutive month, according to the latest house price index from Acadametrics.

3

Catastrophe ruled out for TPD

The Association of British Insurers has rejected the name catastrophic disability benefit to replace total permanent disability, with four other names now in the running.

Schedule for change

Atax on UK funds could soon be abolished and while its impact may be small, it may lead to lower costs and a reduction in some fund charges. Vanguard has already indicated that it would adjust its up-front 0.5 per cent charge in line with whatever applicable changes are made to the UK’s schedule 19 […]

Cricket - thumbnail

England vs Australia: pensions

Well, the cricket season is here, and England and Australia are stepping up to the wicket. Although we compete with each other in the sporting world, when it comes to pensions, Australia’s pension programme is held up as a model for our auto-enrolment initiative. Auto-enrolment was introduced because people weren’t saving enough into their pensions, and it is still early days but signs are positive. However, in Australia, saving into a pension is compulsory, and in fact employers are the ones who have to pay in. Employees in Australia can make additional contributions into their pensions, but they don’t have to. Should the onus be on the employer or employee to save? Well in the UK we think it’s both, but to get ‘adequate’ savings for retirement it’s the employee who has to pay more in.

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment

    Close

    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm

    Email: customerservices@moneymarketing.com