Prime Minister David Cameron has pledged the Conservatives will create a new threshold for inheritance tax of £1m if elected. The changes would come into effect from April 2017, and will be funded by restrictions on pensions tax relief for those earning more than £150,000. Annual allowances for savings will be tiered on earnings between […]
New figures requested from the Office for National Statistics by Jelf International reveal the countries with the largest numbers of employees working for a UK-controlled parent company (known as UKFAs or UK foreign affiliates).
What was your first job in financial services? I worked for a small consultancy business in Macclesfield, mainly focusing on compliance. It wasn’t always fun but I learned a lot about what good looks like. Describe your current role. I am managing director of threesixty. I spend most of my time talking to advisers, figuring […]
Bank has set aside £856m for litigation and conduct issues.
Les Cameron, head of technical, explores how applying the new Finance Act 2016 provides an opportunity to simplify, which could result in attractive outcomes. Read more
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up