View more on these topics

Dunbar unveils delayed stake

Allied Dunbar has revealed details of its group stakeholder scheme which

is set for launch in October.

Dunbar claims its decision to wait up to six months after most players

have launched their group propositions is down to its desire to assess the

market without rushing in.

The new Dunbar product will not be available on an individual basis, with

the individual retirement plan remaining the life office&#39s vehicle for

individual personal pension planning.

It says its stance on stakeholder business is that fees should be paid to

advisers wherever possible. Advisers in its franchise network will be paid

2.25 per cent on all contributions to the new product, provided

contributions are £500 or more.

Alternatively, advisers can elect at outset to receive a trail fee of 0.25

per cent. This will be payable on funds under management of £25,000 or

more per scheme.

Pension marketing director Ian Price says: “With the launch of

stakeholder, many advisers have been asking us what Allied Dunbar will be

offering in the new environment. We have deliberately held back from an

early commitment as the market has been continuously changing and there

have been many matters of detail to clarify.

“The decision not to rush into the market has provided us with the

opportunity to better assess the market and to provide a sounder

stakeholder solution. We have focused very hard on making the group

stakeholder plan attractive not only to employers and their staff but also

to our advisers. We hope it will prove as successful as our individual

retirement plan, which is now selling above our targets.”


&#39Sub-prime&#39 branded an offensive term

Self-employed mortgage borrowers should not be branded as sub-prime customers because the term is offensive, claims a service for self-employed professionals.Alodis, which has 45,000 members, claims lenders routinely categorise the self-employed with “criminals and bad debtors” although they often represent a better lending risk.It says the self-employed should be called non-conforming borrowers and not be […]

Barclays buys non-conforming lender

Barclays Private Equity is backing a management buyout of non-conforminglender Preferred Mortgages in a £270m deal. Following a similar investment in credit card firm Clydesdale in January,BPE has bought an 83 per cent stake in Preferred from the Rotch PropertyGroup, with the remaining 17 per cent going to the management team. The buyout was led […]

More take PMI cover

The amount of people with PMI is up 5.5 per cent on last year, according to a survey carried out by Laing & Buisson.The figures show that individual subscriptions decreased by 3.2 per cent, but this was compensated by a increase of 7.4 per cent from the corporate sector.Meanwhile a research by the Consumer’s Association […]

Sick notes

I run a small information technology company with a permanent staff of 30.I have recently set up a stakeholder pension and some death-in-servicebenefits with a provider which contacted me direct. Following feedback frommy employees, I am keen to provide a better benefits package, perhapsincluding medical insurance. I have an annual budget of around £5,000and would […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm