The aim of this checklist is to make sure you spend your marketing time and budget as effectively as possible. This will prove invaluable in prioritising marketing activity – and the best way to run campaigns.
For each individual marketing campaign ask:
- What are you trying to achieve?
- What is the activity about?
- Who are you trying to influence?
- What do you want them to know?
- How will you communicate?
- When will this happen?
- Who will do the work and what will it cost?
- How will you know if it has worked?
If you cannot answer all of these questions with clarity – don’t do it!
David Shelton is the author of The Business of Advice book and website www.businessofadvice.co.uk