HMRC has launched an investigation into the valuations of intellectual property used to release cash from pension schemes, Money Marketing understands. Intellectual property such as patent, trademarks, designs and copyright can be used as loans to sponsoring employers or in sale and leaseback arrangements to release cash from schemes. The value of loans and leasebacks […]
The Government was keen to allow those with defined benefit pensions access to the same freedom and choice as those with defined contribution savings. That is why we have new rules that allow transfers to proceed once a member of a DB scheme has received advice. However, the planned reduction of the lifetime allowance from […]
Investment platform targets 1.4 million firms yet to hit staging dates.
Figures were boosted elsewhere in the business, particularly with a 17 per cent increase in assets at LGIM.
FE Alpha Manager Mark Martin assumed management of the multi-cap UK Opportunities Fund at the beginning of February. As manager of the highly regarded UK Mid Cap Fund, Martin has begun restructuring the new portfolio to focus on our very best UK stock ideas from across the FTSE All-Share Index. In this video, update Martin addresses:
– Themes informing the UK Opportunities Fund
– The multi-cap structure of the fund
– UK equity valuations
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up