An investigation into expanding the remit of Government-backed guidance service Pension Wise to all working people has cast further doubt over the future of the Money Advice Service. Prime Minister David Cameron confirmed this week that Ros Altmann, the Government’s older workers’ tsar, would be made a peer and handed the role of minister responsible […]
Advisers urged to reduce IHT bills through pensions.
Octopus Investments is to allow investors to buy and hold shares in its Venture Capital Trusts through adviser-facing platform Transact for the first time. The launch of the service follows a change announced in the Finance Bill 2014 which allows investors to buy VCTs directly via a platform. Previously, investors could only transfer their holding to […]
Model portfolios are not suitable for those staying invested.
Paul Casson, manager of the Artemis Pan-European Absolute Return Fund, explains why he likes Irish housebuilders but is shorting banks – and how one Spanish TV company is going against media trends. Click here to read more
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Dennis Hall: Why we are reducing portfolios to just one fund
- Paul Armson: How standard financial planning can fail clients
- Paul Lewis: Time to end this dangerous commission in disguise
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon prepares to compensate advisers for Cofunds replatforming woes
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up