With political uncertainty high on the agenda, my focus is to find companies that can be resilient across many different macro-economic outcomes. Resilient in as much as whilst the shares may fall out of favour with the stockmarket for a period, the company itself has the management team and business model in place to enable […]
Labour plans to introduce mandatory “cooling-off” periods for defined contribution pension savers may not be enough to protect people from fraudsters, experts warn. The party says the rules would come into action when customers approach, or are approached by, a provider on how to invest their savings. It adds that the requirement would only apply […]
Model portfolios are not suitable for those staying invested.
The High Court has wound up a scam property fund which took £880,000 from investors and promised returns of up to 51 per cent a year. The FCA says the fund was wound up earlier this month at its request and a liquidator appointed to investigate Hermay’s activities. The regulator says the firm had been […]
Johnson Fleming has partnered with Openwork in order to make its managed auto-enrolment service available to Openwork’s advisers.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up