The late Sir John Templeton had 10 maxims for investment success. Number 10 was that “an investor who has all the answers doesn’t even understand the questions”. Along with all the standard and risk warnings, we frankly tell every client that while we give advice in good faith we do not claim to be omniscient. […]
Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
Model portfolios are not suitable for those staying invested.
Advisers and planners do not need to be reminded to fulfil CPD requirements if they wish to retain their Statement of Professional Standing. Making sure an effective training and competence plan is in place is a key part of successful business practice. But what about paraplanners? How many firms include paraplanners and support staff in […]
On Friday, the Department for Work and Pensions published its guidance for employers on using the new Fit for Work (FfW) service to help ill employees return to the workplace. It also includes more details on the tax exemption for medical interventions that commenced on 1 January 2015.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up