Annuity rates at lowest level for at least two years.
A Labour government would avoid heavy-handed regulation, according to shadow chancellor Ed Balls, despite plans for a bank bonus tax and to raise the top rate of income tax. Speaking to the Financial Times, Balls said that Labour would seek to institute a 50p income tax rate throughout the next parliament, but would also seek […]
Wealthy UK investors are prepared to pay a maximum of £110 an hour for financial advice, a Legg Mason survey shows, 26 per cent less than the average fee charged by advisers in 2014. According to Legg Mason, the cost of advice can range from £75 to £250 per hour, with one poll by unbiased.co.uk […]
Police have arrested a 60 year old currency trader over suspicions of a global Ponzi scheme.
Good and growing companies are still to be found, Simon Edelsten, manager of the Artemis Global Select Fund, tells Ross Leckie – even in a world marked by low(er) growth and political uncertainty.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- Savers lose nearly half of pension through transferring out
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up