View more on these topics

Charities benefit from Isa sales

Charities have the chance to benefit from Isa sales through a collaboration between Ecclesiastical Insurance and Newcastle Building Society.

&#39Monty the Duck&#39 the National Meninigitis official mascot has already benefited from a £200 donation. It is one of seven charities which are set to benefit from the scheme.

The scheme was devised when Ecclesiastical teamed up with Newcastle Building Society to offer a cash element for the Ecclesiastical Isa. It allows the investor to donate a percentage of their savings annually to one of the seven charities.

In addition both companies have decided to make an extra donation to the charity chosen by the first investor when the Isa was launched.


IFA issues warning over Scottish Widows

Best Investment&#39s head of pensions John Turton says the news is good for carpetbagging clients and good for Scottish Widows&#39 financial strength.But he warns with-profits policyholders might not get the headline figures of £5,000 which has been touted.He says: &#34Widows will only give some money as a sweetner to with-profits policyholders and the rest will […]

Mepit investors offered switch to Investec Guinness Flights Unit Trust

Investec Guinness Flight are offering shareholders of the Mercury European Privatisation Investment Trust the opportunity to continue investing in privatisations by switching to its own unit trust.Mepit is set to undergo a major reconstruction, if proposals are given the go-ahead at its annual general meeting on June 29. These changes will see the trust refocus […]

Portfolio Fund Management launches new property fund

Portfolio Fund Management has launched a new property fund which has an in-built liquidity mechanism allowing policyholders to easily encash their units.The Portfolio Property Fund&#39s investment objective is to achieve high and growing income with capital growth.Portfolio will invest 75 per cent of the fund in commercial property, while the remaining 25 per cent will […]

CGU Life special offer to end soon

The special offer on CGU Life&#39s Portfolio Bond is set to close on June 30.The special offer which takes the form of an increase in annual bonus, sees investments of between £5,000 and £24,999 receive a 1 per cent bonus, while investments of £25,000 plus receive 2 per cent.Since the beginning of the year the […]

Changes to early exit pension charges

In November last year, the FCA announced that from 31 March 2017, early exit pension charges will be capped at 1% for those customers who are eligible to access their retirement savings from age of 55. The rules also state that for new personal pension plans started after that date, or on new increments into […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers. Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm