Controversial payday lender Wonga has reported a pre-tax loss of £37.3m for 2014 after taking a £35m customer remediation hit following an intervention by the FCA. The firm’s full-year results for the 12 months to 31 December 2014, published today, reveal revenues plummeted 31 per cent year-on-year, from £314.7m to £217.2m, driven by a “significant […]
Wealthy UK investors are prepared to pay a maximum of £110 an hour for financial advice, a Legg Mason survey shows, 26 per cent less than the average fee charged by advisers in 2014. According to Legg Mason, the cost of advice can range from £75 to £250 per hour, with one poll by unbiased.co.uk […]
The FCA is in discussions with industry representatives and lawyers on its approach to insistent clients. Any saver who wants to ditch their defined benefit scheme for a defined contribution plan to take advantage of the new pension freedoms will be required to take advice before transferring. Industry experts have raised concerns that advisers who […]
Bank has set aside £856m for litigation and conduct issues.
Structural changes across the global economy are having unexpected consequences for the recovery
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up