Strong underlying businesses and lower exposure to the energy sector make European high-yield bonds attractive, says Alex Ralph.
Institute of Financial Planning members have paid tribute to chief executive Nick Cann and interim chief executive Steve Gazzard after they stepped down from the professional body. It was announced last week the pair had left the organisation as the IFP board voted to formally approve the merger with the Chartered Institute for Securities & […]
Holly Cassell, Assistant Manager of the Neptune UK Opportunities Fund The decision of the Federal Reserve not to raise US interest rates at its September meeting was met with surprise by many, and has been blamed by some as the chief catalyst for the global market volatility that followed. How does this affect the timing […]
Alliance Trust Savings offers both a direct and adviser proposition. The bulk of the assets (80 per cent) sit in the D2C part of the business, with the remaining 20 per cent on the adviser side. This ratio has shifted from a roughly 90/10 per cent split as a result of a stronger focus on […]
The Government and the FCA have launched a much-anticipated review of the advice market aimed at improving access to advice. The Financial Advice Market Review will explore what kind of support consumers want access to, whether any advice gaps exist, how they can be closed, and what role technology such as robo-advice could play. There […]
Richard Hulf explains how he and John Dodd have positioned the Artemis Global Energy Fund and where they are finding opportunities. Richard explains how he and John are changing the complexion of the fund to focus on the most efficient oil producers. As he tells journalist Alexis Xydias, in this environment of lower prices, he […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up
Latest from Money Marketing
Sales skills in themselves are not a bad thing. It comes down to whether they are truly being used for the benefit of the client, not the adviser.
The merged company owns three platforms: Parmenion, Standard Life Wrap and Elevate, but is promising to keep ring-fencing.
A recent court case emphasises the importance of robust terms of business, clearly stating the scope of agreement with a client