Police have arrested a 60 year old currency trader over suspicions of a global Ponzi scheme.
Tisa, the British Bankers Association and the British Societies Association have published guidelines to help consumers understand new rules which allow spouses to inherit Isa allowances. In the 2014 Autumn Statement, Chancellor George Osborne announced Isa assets could be passed on to surviving spouses or civil partners. The rules came into effect on 6 April […]
Scottish Widows has sold its offshore life business Clerical Medical to investment group RL360. Clerical Medical has been running as a closed business since March 2012 after Scottish Widows parent Lloyds Bank moved to refocus on core UK banking and insurance operations. The business consists of around 24,000 policies, with over £5bn assets under management, […]
George Osborne will make his last Budget speech of the current parliamentary term this week, and the early media briefings suggest that pensions will again feature heavily in that statement. So what are we able to learn from the weekend’s coverage?
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Dennis Hall: Why we are reducing portfolios to just one fund
- Paul Armson: How standard financial planning can fail clients
- Paul Lewis: Time to end this dangerous commission in disguise
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Aegon prepares to compensate advisers for Cofunds replatforming woes
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up