Impartial, independent professional advice is not cheap and one of the often-discussed contributory factors in this cost is that of regulation. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme interim levy bills are a good example of regulatory costs pressures. Adviser firms have little choice but to find a, hopefully, palatable way to pass this on to the […]
The FCA needs to urgently clarify when new advice requirements on pension transfers will be applied, organisations across the pensions industry are warning. In its response to the regulator’s consultation on changes to pension transfer rules, the National Association of Pension Funds says conflicting definitions of money purchase benefits risk confusing when advice needs to […]
Investment platform targets 1.4 million firms yet to hit staging dates.
Customers transferring to Axa Self Investor will be able to claim up £750 per person to pay any exit fees levied by ceding providers. The offer is open to new and existing investors who submit a transfer request between 1 May 2015 and 31 July 2015. However, claims must be made within 30 days of […]
This year looks set to bring a new danger for pension savers and their employers.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
- Flat-rate pension tax relief ruled out by government
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up