View more on these topics

Barclaycard sets up iMoney supermart

Barclaycard is the latest player to join the online supermarket scramble with a service offering a wide range of financial products.

iMoney starts this summer, offering consumers mortgages, unit trusts and car, home and travel insurance online.

Barclaycard says the service will provide details of fund managers&#39 past performance and technical information on the products but not advice.

It plans to expand the service to savings products, loans, Isas, life insurance, pensions and stocks and shares in the near future.

The service, which is a joint venture between Barclaycard and Toronto-based online financial services provider Bayshore Capital, says it will will provide an “unbiased online service that helps consumers compare, choose and buy the best financial products for their circumstances”.

Holden Meehan director Amanda Davidson says: “There is a thin line between advice and information and they may trip over it but few IFAs will be in competition with this sort of service.”

Barclaycard will own 87 per cent of the venture with Bayshore Capital owning the remaining 13 per cent.


Long arm of the law

What impact will the FSA&#39s decision to force lenders to police intermediaries have on the market? PB: Many were disappointed that the FSA did not go further and regulate mortgage business fully. Effectively, this step should see a much closer focus by lenders on who is introducing business to them. This will benefit the consumer […]

Opening doors to online loans

Open Door Finance has started an online mortgage sourcing and application system this week to help IFAs speed up the mortgage and conveyancing process. The site at allows IFAs to source mortgages, get a quotation and process and track applications from a panel of lenders, including Bristol & West and Market Harborough Building Society. […]

Evolve or WP will die, warn actuaries

A Faculty and Institute of Actuaries&#39 working party is serving life offices a do or die notice over with-profits this week, warning that unless they evolve, the concept will become extinct. The ultimatum comes at the same time as ABI director general Mary Francis has issued a guide to life office chief executives on presenting […] takes Synaptic Systems software is incorporating the quotation engine from Synaptic Systems into its website to allow comparison of life insurance policies online. Level term and mortgage protection policies are the first products to feature on the site, with Friends Provident, Norwich Union Life, Permanent Insurance, Scottish Provident, Swiss Life and Legal & General offered through the portal. […]


News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up


    Leave a comment


    Why register with Money Marketing ?

    Providing trusted insight for professional advisers.  Since 1985 Money Marketing has helped promote and analyse the financial adviser community in the UK and continues to be the trusted industry brand for independent insight and advice.

    News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
    Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

    Money Marketing Events
    Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, roundtables and more.

    Research and insight
    Take part in and see the results of Money Marketing's flagship investigations into industry trends.

    Have your say
    Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

    Register now

    Having problems?

    Contact us on +44 (0)20 7292 3712

    Lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5.00pm