Standard annuity rates have fallen to their lowest levels since November 2012, with the pace of decline increasing since the turn of the year, according to data published by Moneyfacts. The rate payable for an average single-life standard annuity for a 65 year old with a £10,000 pot has fallen by 5.9 per cent in […]
Apfa has written to the major political parties to urge a rethink of what it terms an “unjustifiable” 10 per cent increase in advisers’ FCA fees. In a paper on proposed fees published in March, the FCA said A13 advisers will pay £74.9m in 2015/16, up by 10 per cent from £68m in 2014/15. The […]
Labour will reintroduce a tax dropped by Government to fund its plans to abolish the bedroom tax.
As bonds face up to stormy conditions, Jonathan Platt, Head of Fixed Income at Royal London Asset Management shares three key trends our Fixed Income Team have seen shaping bond markets recently. Read the article here. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of investments and the income from them is […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Equitable Life sale to bring windfall for policyholders
- Paul Lewis: Financial advisers and journalists are one and the same
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Henry Tapper: ‘We’ve really made a mess of DB transfers’
- Ian McKenna: Where the Standard Life/Phoenix deal could fall down for advisers
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up