Fixed penalty notices also increase in Q1.
The Government has spent £37,000 developing a “brand indentity” for guidance service Pension Wise. It paid £22,000 to Jigsaw Research “for the provision of research to test brand names, logos and straplines” for the service and £15,000 to Red Stone Design for similar work on the name and “brand identity”. The contracts were awarded at […]
Users expected to pay £199 for recommendations.
Almost three weeks on from pension freedoms finally “going live” we have just about enough information to see that the stampede to strip pots of cash originally feared has not transpired. Certainly the Government’s Pension Wise service has not been put under the strain first expected. A total of 1,800 appointments were booked by the time […]
“HMRC’s tax guidance provides welcome clarity around the use of mainstream estate planning solutions, such as flexible reversionary trusts,” says Sean Christian, MD & Executive Director – International Businesses, Canada Life International. Sean Christian said: “The new Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes (DOTAS) legislation enables HMRC to crackdown on aggressive tax avoidance schemes, while the […]
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
- Scottish Widows hands £30bn fund contract to BlackRock after kicking Standard Life Aberdeen off mandate
- Flat-rate pension tax relief ruled out by government
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up