Nearly half of all advice firms are based in London, data released by the FCA suggests. Of the 2903 new advice firms the FCA has authorised since 2010, 1275, or 43%, are based in the capital. The South West has the next highest number of firms, with 265. The South East, with 184, has more […]
Sometimes a mistake can turn out for the best, as Richard Rowney knows only too well. Just a few months into the job as chief executive of LV= Rowney is busy building the firm into a challenger brand. He wants it to be known for innovation and its “can do” attitude, alongside the values and […]
Standard Life may have to pay out up to £125m as part of its review of non-advised annuity sales. The provider has said it is carrying out a review of all non-advised annuity sales from July 2008 to investigate whether customers were given enough information about the ability to take out an enhanced annuity. It […]
Jacob de Tusch-Lec, manager of the Global Income Fund, analyses a sell-off so “vicious” that the ‘hot’ stocks are underperforming emerging markets. What does it mean for the portfolio – now and in the months to come?
- Top trends
- Top trends
- Paul Lewis: The NI sting depriving 1950s women of their state pensions
- Aegon wins complaint over forcing transfer client to get advice
- FCA evidence throws Sipp provider court case into doubt
- What’s up the chancellor’s sleeve as the Budget nears?
- FOS ruling cannot add new duties for Sipp providers, court hears
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up