The heir to the Nina Ricci perfume and fashion fortune has been convicted of tax fraud by hiding millions in an offshore HSBC account. The BBC reports a Parisian court has sentenced Arlette Ricci to a year in prison, plus given an additional two-year suspended sentence. Ricci was also ordered to pay a fine of […]
Advice firms saw an increase in pre-tax profits of 5 per cent last year as the market began to stabilise, according to Apfa’s latest state of the market report. The annual report shows that pre-tax profit for all firms with an FCA primary category ‘financial adviser’ was £931m last year, up from £884m in 2013. […]
HSBC chairman Douglas Flint has promised shareholders the bank will re-evaluate the location of its headquarters. Speaking at a shareholder meeting in Hong Kong ahead of the bank’s London annual general meeting on 5 May, Flint was asked by investors about the location of the bank. According to reports, Flint said: “We are beginning to […]
Bank has set aside £856m for litigation and conduct issues.
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up