View more on these topics

Annuity private member bill reaches committee stage

Conservative MP David Curry&#39s private member annuity reform bill will have its committee stage on February 14, where it will be debated and amendments raised by MPs from all parties.

Following the Opposition&#39s victory over the Government at second reading of the Bill a month ago, this is the next stage in the parliamentary process for the legislation.

The Government does not support the Bill, and it is expected it will use its large majority on the committee to kill it at this stage.

The committee is also scheduled to the bill on February 21, but subsequent sessions are not always necessary for private member bills.

Recommended

Providers and client poaching

I recently remortgaged with the Alliance & Leicester.I was surprised to receive a subsequent invitation from them to effect ASU cover (or mortgage protection cover, as they termed it).This was sent despite my signing a declaration acknowledging that it had been offered but that I wished to decline.I rang the general manager of Insurance Services […]

Major stake in FundsHub for JP Morgan

JP Morgan has acquired a majority holding in third party fund supermarket technology and operations provider FundsHub from founding firm Investia.JP Morgan is understood to be acquiring a 85 per cent share in the company for between US$10-$15m (£7.1m to £10.5m), with FundsHub&#39s management team taking the remaining 15 per cent.Both owners intend to inject […]

Pink Home Loans BTL discount through Legal & General Bank

Pink Home Loans BTL discount through Legal & General BankType: Discounted buy-to-letRates: Stepped discount for three years: 4.49 per cent (1.25 per cent discount) in year one; 4.99 per cent (0.75 per cent discount) year two; 5.24 per cent (0.5 per cent discount) year threeDiscounted term: Three yearsMinimum loan: £25,001Maximum loan: £500,000 up to 70 […]

Surge in number of hits on Teps website

Endowment policy purchaser Surrenda-link says its website generated four times as many enquiries in the last six months of last year as in the same period of 2001.The firm puts the increase down to growing awareness of the sector, especially since the FSA started its review of endowments in 2000.Between July and December 2001, it […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up

Comments

    Leave a comment