Deutsche Bank gave false declarations to the FCA and British Bankers’ Association, took years to produce evidence for the regulator and used a call recording system that was “not fit for purpose”, the FCA has found. Earlier today the bank was fined a record £227m by the FCA for manipulating Libor and Euribor. Combined with […]
Fixed penalty notices also increase in Q1.
I would like to remind advisory firms they are required to submit a return to the FCA at the end of each quarter if there have been any changes to retail investment advisers registered with them. This needs to be submitted within 20 business days of the end of the quarter. Firms will need to […]
Sipp provider Curtis Banks plans to float on the AIM stock exchange in a move expected to value the business at £85m. The firm, which started trading in 2009 and currently administers more than 26,000 Sipps, expects to raise £7.5m through the issue of new equity. Trading in the shares is due to commence on […]
The head of Artemis’ US team explains why he is holding cyclical stocks (like semi-conductors) while also investing in growth (videogame producers, Amazon).
- Top trends
- Top trends
- How much are advisers charging for pension transfers?
- Advisers question SimplyBiz membership amid rising costs and declining offerings
- Nick Bamford: Re-platforming problems exposing the dinosaurs
- IFS director: Inheritance increasingly determines wealth in UK
- FCA and CII announce new exam to ‘reassess’ Level 4 qualifications
News and expert analysis straight to your inboxSign up